At Tilted Concrete Solutions, we pride ourselves in providing detailed and highly professional concrete raising services. We are experts in raising concrete slabs, leveling cement driveway, leveling concrete sidewalks, and more. We are the ideal Houston concrete raising company that has what it takes to handle both minor and major concrete raising projects.
How Do You Know If Your House Is Sinking?
It is important that you realize when your house is sinking and find a solution before it gets out of hand. The concrete slab floor will always show signs of sinking, sagging or settling. You can tell when your house is sinking from the following signs:
- Foundation cracks that occur years after construction and foundation wall cracks that are wider at the top
- Cracks in walls or above window and door frames
- Sticking doors or windows, especially when a four-foot level on top of the window or door frame is not level
- Uneven concrete floors.
What Can Cause Concrete Slab or Foundation to Sink?
In most cases of concrete slab or foundation sinking, concrete settlement is regarded as the cause. This issue refers to the movement of a concrete slab or foundation when the soil below it is no longer capable of supporting its weight. There are different things that can lead to such unwelcome movement such as:
- Soil washout beneath concrete slabs as a result of plumbing leaks, erosions, or large rain and drainage.
- Poorly compacted fill soil during concrete pouring/construction stage
- Serious soil moisture changes that results to shrinking and creation of empty spaces beneath the slab.
What Are The Signs Of Foundation Problems?
Foundation problems in residential houses and commercial buildings often come with several signs. It is important that you identify these signs in time and arrange for solutions. The major signs include:
- Foundation/wall/floor cracks
- Foundation settling or sinking
- Foundation upheaval (upward movement)
- Doors and windows sticking out
- New gaps around window frames and exterior doors
- Sagging or uneven floor
- Counters and cabinets separating from the wall.
How Can You Prevent Concrete From Sinking?
When concrete are poured on well-filled and compacted soil, the chances of concrete sinking is minimized. Other means you can prevent concrete sinking are:
- Ensure downspouts are discharging five feet away or more from concrete slab
- Seal all open cracks and joints with polyurethane.
How Much Does It Cost To Raise Sunken Concrete?
The cost of raising a sunken concrete will depend on a number of factors including the size of the affected area and the how deep it has sank. The concrete raising method and material to use will also influence the cost. You can contact us at Tilted Concrete Solutions to get a quote for your concrete raising project. One of our experts will visit the site to determine the cost estimate.
Contact Us Today!
Are you in search of a reputable Houston concrete raising company? Look no further than Tilted Concrete Solutions. Our services are affordable, detailed, and prompt. We will dedicate every available resource at our disposal to execute your project prompt and professionally.Houston Concrete Raising Company
View Larger Map